- Water capacity 1 - 6.4 quaters (1 - 6 liters).
- Two control knobs with illuminated ring, temperature markings and water drain.
- Electronic water temperature control from 100 °F to 200 °F, in 5 °F increments.
Safety Planning notes
- Steam cooking level with electronic steam control for pressureless cooking.
- Automatic boiling point detection.
- Motor-driven 1/2" water drain valve.
- Depending on the type of installation - surface-/ or flush-mounted, with or without cover - the specific location of the control knob positions may vary.
- When using the appliance cover VA 440 or adjustment strip VA 450 additional space for cut-out depth needs to be considered.
- In a combination of Vario cooktops with at least one appliance cover, the adjustment strip VA 450 is required.
- In a combination of several Vario 400 series cooktops a connection strip VA 420 must be used. Depending on the type of installation- surface- or flush-mounted, with or without cover - the respective VA 420 connecting strip must be used.
- For flush installation the edge height
in the cut-out needs to be at least 1/2"
and for surface-mount 3/8". Ensure a
continuous cut surface of 90°.
- The weight capacity and stability,
especially in case of thin countertops,
must be supported using suitable
substructures. Take the appliance
weight and additional loads into
- Flush installation is possible in countertops made of stone, synthetics or solid wood. Heat resistance and watertight sealing of the edges must be observed. For other materials, please consult with your countertop manufacturer.
- The groove must be continuous and even, so that uniform placing of the appliance on the gasket is ensured. Do not use discontinuous lining.
- The joint width may vary due to size tolerances of the combinations and of the countertop cut-out.
- If installing several Vario products in individual cut-outs allow for a minimum distance of 2" between the cooktops.
- Built-in control panel to be integrated in the bottom cabinet at drawer level.
- Front panel thickness 5/8 " - 1 ".
- The adjacent drawing "Installation of the control knob" must be observed if the panel is more than 1 " thick (there must be a recess at the rear for proper control module installation).
- Seal the worktop cutout.
- VK 414 and VF 414 must not be installed directly next to each other.
- The minimum distance from the appliance edge to the wall or furnishing components must be at least 2".
- A ventilation hood must be installed
when an upper cabinet is installed above the electric in-counter steamer.
- If a cover is used, the glass lid must be removed when closing it.
- Appliance can be snapped into the worktop from above.
- Total rating: 208/220 - 240 V : 3.7 kW. 60 Hz
- Total Amps: 15 A.
- Plan for 47 1/4" connecting cable without plug (hardwire required)
- Steaming in cooktop size
- Electronic water temperature control from 100 °F to 200 °F, in 5°F increments
- Cooking on two levels, without flavour transfer
- Solid stainless steel control knobs
- Precision crafted 1/8-inch stainless steel frame
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.